Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Learning how to be a wife is a tricky tricky business...

I love my husband. I mean, I REALLY love him. A lot. So why is it that I feel like I'm not that great of a wife to him sometimes? Why do I feel like an inadequate life partner for him?

Its probably because I am.

I'm a HUGE screw up. (Trust me, a big, GIANT one...) 

BUT -- I have an even bigger God who can teach me how to be a better wife. He can show me how to give my respect, love, and honor to my best friend; my dear husband. He can assist me in becoming a mother my children can look up to and a wife that my husband considers himself blessed to have... 

I have a goal of becoming the best Proverbs 31 wife and mom that I can. What does that entail exactly? In my translation of the scripture, it means being productive and not lazy, being kind, slow to speak, slow to become angry, preparing healthy meals for my family, keeping up with the house, and being financially smart. I have a lot of learning to do,  but I am determined to be the best I can. The beautiful thing about being a wife and mom is that you can ALWAYS improve. There is no "end" to the process. 

Just a short thought for today. :)

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment