Total Pageviews

Monday, September 9, 2013

Sick babies and coconut oil.

I hate it when my kiddos are not feeling well. I really really really hate it. I just sit there and wish I could take away all the discomfort and irritations. Slathering their little noses in coconut oil, sucking out the boogies, and giving lots of sympathetic kisses.

"I have carried you since you were born; I have taken care of you from your birth. Even when you are old, I will be the same. Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you. I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:3-4

Sometimes its hard to trust that God knows better for our kids than we do, how could it be possible that anyone love them more than us?? Someone that you grew inside your body, nourished with your breasts, and endured pain, sweat and tears over. Your child; God loves your child more than you could ever dream of loving them. Its a pretty mind-blowing concept. 

He Gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like an eagle; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint. -- Isaiah 40:28-31

Restless nights and long days make for a weak spirit. Who do you run to when you feel as though you can't go on any longer without a nap or hour of rest? It sounds so silly, but when those hours hit, they hit hard. Satan knows when you hit you with doubting thoughts and lies. Don't buy into those, God is bigger than all that. Give Him Your burdens and tiredness. Give Him Your stresses and doubts.He will carry you to tomorrow. :)

"Lord, I pray that you would surround my home with healing and comfort. Give me wisdom in knowing how to provide for my children and comfort them in times of runny noses,sore throats, sneezers, and watery eyes. Help them to stay hydrated and nourished. Give me the patience to handle these sick days with grace and kindness, not letting my tiredness fog my spirit. We love you and praise you for being our great and Mighty Healer. Amen."


3 comments:

  1. I'm there right now, and sick myself, too. Thanks for the sweet prayer. How do you apply the coconut oil? Outside nose, inside nose? Both?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both!! I put in on everything, even started oil pulling with it today. It is the best moisturizer, chapstick, and dry skin smoother. Plus its thin and absorbs fast, which I love for the nose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both!! I put in on everything, even started oil pulling with it today. It is the best moisturizer, chapstick, and dry skin smoother. Plus its thin and absorbs fast, which I love for the nose. :)

    ReplyDelete