Total Pageviews

Friday, September 6, 2013

Lets talk about ta-ta's.

BOOBS. We all have them. Its no secret. My 3 year old will gladly tell you (in great detail) how baby sister eats moms boobs for dinner. He might also tell you that she will eat pancakes instead someday. But not now, cause "She's a baby! Babies eat their mommy's boobs."

WHY is it that my 3 year old is so cool with this, and the adult audience is not?

Breasts are everywhere. they are on billboards, TV, the Internet, doctors offices, public pools, CHURCH, school... you get my point. Boobs are everywhere, exposed for the eye to see. But I bet you won't hear anyone tell those nice girls to cover up their chest, because too much of the fatty tissue is showing. But oh boy- whip out a boob to feed your sweet baby, and everyone gets their panties in a wad. WHY is that?!

I am very thankful that I have only had some confused looks shot my way, and no real rude comments... Well not really. Plenty of women (including breastfeeding women... HA!) have told me that its better to keep that "private" and use the excuse of bonding to keep it covered up. YES, breastfeeding is amazing for bonding and I bond with my daughter every time she eats. So does that mean I (we) stay home because God-forbid I don't bond in privacy with her every time her little tummy grumbles? I have a life too, ya know!

Obviously, this subject is very near and dear to my heart. Women should feel empowered because of this amazing and incredible gift God has given them. I mean, think about it. I provide COMPLETE and perfect nutrition for her. From my body... without even trying! The human body is capable of amazing things, breastfeeding being one of those. Its natures perfect food. The Bible talks about breastfeeding so beautifully and does not once say, "You should put the baby to breast in private, so that no man see's your breast tissue. It will make him go into a sexual sin." Do you think Jesus himself was breastfeed under a cloth, because I'm betting, he wasn't! And I also bet that if you ask almost any man, he will tell you that seeing a mother breastfeeding doesn't do anything for him in the arousal department. Heck, I almost bet that in most cases, men won't even notice a breastfeeding mom and her baby!

This country is in an uproar over obesity rates, drop-out rates, and so forth. Breastfeeding alone slashes the chances of your child being obese, and has been proven to boost IQ. Hmm.... Yet the rate of formula feeding mom's is increasing. Think they are related? Thinks it's time for a change and time to loosen the reins on moms who believe that breast is best? I think so.

I am in NO way saying that I think you are a bad mom if you decide to go the formula route. I had to do so with my son, but I did not choose it. If I could go back, I would have sought out more help. Living in the past is not going to change that, so I have more than moved on. However, I do disagree with mom's who don't even try and easily could. God gave you an incredible gift of life! He created women with amazing body parts that men do not posses, and they do a job that a mans body could not do. Why not take advantage of that? Why not give your baby the best nutrition you could offer?

Whatever you decide, I hope that you give the breastfeeding mom a little more respect next time you see her. If she is anything like myself she will greatly appreciate it. Now lets get out there and nurse in public to normalize breastfeeding for generations to come!

Take my words with a grain of salt, and much MUCH love.

-A


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for speaking up in a way I find hard to do and getting the nursing moms of our church some attention! I'm so glad it's working out for you this time! It is an awesome gift.

    ReplyDelete